Many consider Michael E. Decherd, M.D. to be one of the best among San Antonio plastic surgeons. He is known for his dedication to patient satisfaction and the one-on-one time he spends with each patient. Dr. Decherd's relationship with you as a patient begins when you first enter the door and continues until you achieve your desired appearance.
If you're researching plastic surgeons in San Antonio, TX, we encourage you to request a consultation online with Dr. Decherd. Or call his San Antonio office at (210) 495-4100 to schedule an appointment.
A Welcome From Michael E. Decherd, M.D.
Your Personal Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Decherd is a fourth-generation Texas doctor who chose plastic surgery because he enjoys helping people achieve their personal best. He believes that satisfied patients are the goal of any plastic surgeon. Dr. Decherd educates his patients on the many options that are available, both surgically and non-surgically, and then works with each patient to give them choices in a pressure-free environment. Dr. Decherd believes that optimal outcomes are achieved through a combination of extensive training, meticulous attention to detail, and a knack for listening to his patients.
When you schedule a consultation with Dr. Decherd, he will take the time to truly listen to you. He will work with you to come to a decision that is based on your individual body type, your personal preferences, and his experience and insight as a board-certified plastic surgeon. At The San Antonio Plastic Surgery Institute, we do not have a "cookie-cutter" approach to cosmetic surgery.Why Choose Dr. Decherd Patient Testimonials
Research & Publications
Decherd ME. Pharyngeal Reconstruction. In Essentials of Plastic Surgery, Janis JE (ed.). Quality Medical, St. Louis, 2007.
Decherd ME, Janis JE. Principles of Head and Neck Cancer: Staging and Management. In Essentials of Plastic Surgery, Janis JE (ed.). Quality Medical, St Louis, 2007.
Parker TH, Decherd ME. Breast Augmentation. In Essentials of Plastic Surgery, Janis JE (ed.). Quality Medical, St. Louis, 2007.
Decherd ME, Calhoun KH. Scar revision and camouflage. In Dr. Quinn's Online Textbook of Otolaryngology. Apr 2002.
Decherd ME, Calhoun KH. Chemical peeling. In Dr. Quinn's Online Textbook of Otolaryngology. Nov 2000.
Decherd ME, Newlands SN. Maxillary and periorbital fractures. In Dr. Quinn's Online Textbook of Otolarynology. Jan 2000.
Decherd ME, Calhoun KH. Rhytidectomy. In Dr. Quinn's Online Textbook of Otolarynology. Oct 1999.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Bexar County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- San Antonio International Society of Plastic Surgeons
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- General Surgery – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
- Plastic Surgery – University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
Areas of Expertise
- Breast Augmentation
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift)
- Remove and Replace Implants / Revision Breast Augmentation
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Facial Rejuvenation Surgery (facelift, eyelid surgery, browlift)
- Body Contouring
- Rhinoplasty (Nose reshaping)
Interviews / Media Appearances
- San Antonio Living, News 4 WOAI: "Mommy Make Over"
- Great Day SA, KENS 5: Silicone Breast Implants
- KTSA Radio: Liposuction
- San Antonio Express-News: Breast Augmentation
- San Antonio City Pages Magazine: Profile
- Scene in San Antonio Monthly: San Antonio's Top Doctors
- The Medical Patriot: Plastic Surgery and Teenagers
- CosmeticSugery.com: JUVÉDERM
- San Antonio Medicine: A Day in the Life